Saturday, January 22, 2011

Counting the Cost

If there is something more painful then crashing it's the post-mortem that surely follows. As I write this blog I'm staring down the barrel of 2-4 weeks off the bike, missing the first grand slam race of the year, an extensive repair bill (see photos) and many questions left unanswered.


From A Mechanical View Point, That Ain't Right




Firstly though allow me to backtrack somewhat. Yesterday during a sprint with a friend of mine, my chain snapped mid-sprint at 55kph or there about. I hit the deck, hard. Instantly upon coming to a stop, and becoming combulated again, I couldn't move my right arm, bad sign. After being carted off to hospital I was scanned, moved-against-my-will, prodded, poked and many other things besides. I was discharge late last night with cuts and what are sure to be some of the most amazing bruises we as the human race will ever see.




Well There's Your Problem!


However the questions remain: Why did the chain snap? Why and How do I do not have any major broken bones? What will the insurance be like? Will I have the confidence when I get back on? Etc Etc


Man Crashing Sucks
Stay Safer Then Me, Awesome and Chilled
Dangerous Dave

No comments:

Post a Comment