Thursday, June 16, 2011

Memories

Here is what I love about memories, is that they are the one thing that is totally universal across every single human being, whilst the memories themselves are indeed different from individual to individual, they are still memories. Over the last few days I've often found myself reflecting back on the last 18 months and the memories that are contained within them. So I thought I would share some of my favourite memories, and share why they are among my favourites:

This is no particular order of favouritism by the way:


  • Winning my grade at the 2010 ANZAC 25: This could be special for so many reasons: It was the first big breakthrough for last year. To compete and win on ANZAC day, is something that every Australian sports person regardless of level and ability wants to do. It was at my favourite track the lakeside raceway. But above all that one single reason for me, stands above the rest, yes it's a little cheesy, but my mum was in the crowd that afternoon, she had been back in the country for less then 72 hours was at an event I'm sure she didn't want to be at but was there anyway...
  • My trip to Oman: This trip to visit my mum and dad just flat out changed the course of my life, I'm met some totally amazing people, I did some totally amazing things, some of which I don't want to share they are just that special, but yet I'll always remember this trip for one reason that I'm never going to share, simply because some memories well they are better treasured then shared...
  • The Afternoon I Received The QTAC Offer Email: This was probably one of the best feelings I've ever had in my life, it was the weirdest mix of joy, relief, excitement, exhilaration, anticipation, foreboding and one of the biggest "holy shit" moments in my life. The event's of that day are just totally blurred now, and think it was only a little over a month ago.
  • Welcoming My Dad Back For Christmas: Well what more really needs to be said here?
And they are just the four big ones that I can think of off the top of my head...

Stay safe awesome and cool
Dangerous Dave

No comments:

Post a Comment