Sunday, May 8, 2011

Memory Lane

When I was younger I used to live in one of Australia's top cities, that of Melbourne. At the time I lived there the NRL had just launched its first and only Melbourne team, The Melbourne Storm. As both my parents were from Queensland we, as a consequence couldn't follow the rival football code (AFL), so we spent many Friday and Saturday nights and Sunday afternoons, at the old Olympic Park stadium watching Melbourne play their home games, some of my happiest child-hood memories are at that stadium. I still have my 1999 jersey signed by every member of the premiership winning team.

The point is last night, I went to see the Brisbane Broncos play against the Melbourne Storm, in Brisbane at the fantastic venue Suncorp Stadium. Melbourne won at the death 29-22. The game was of fairly high standard as on the competition ladder sides 2 and 3 were playing each other. I thoroughly enjoyed the night, and had several childhood flashbacks to my younger days.

It's just nice sometimes to re-live old memories in person isn't it?

Stay Safe, Awesome and Chilled

No comments:

Post a Comment